Background

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Birthday Fun & Tubes

It's been over a week since I've posted, and SO much has happened...

My birthday was February 2nd, known to many as Groundhog Day! :)  Josh and I (&Scarlet) spent half of the day together (while Savannah was in school), and he took me to my favorite Mexican restaraunt for lunch.  I went on about my day thinking I was getting together for dinner with my mother in law and girls, but she had much more up her sleeve. :)  She planned a surprise birthday party with several of my girlfriends and we had a girls only party that night!! It was so sweet of them all, and we had so much fun!!  When I say I am blessed for all the caring friends I have in my life, I mean it!!!  Several birthday wishes were received through cards, emails, texts, & facebook...and I was so thankful for each one.  Someone stopping to wish me a happy birthday meant so much.  It only takes a little kindness to make someones day! :)  I went to the spa the next day and redeemed a gift certificate from my mom for a much needed "ME day."  It was very relaxing and I could get used to that every week.  Unfortunately, my bank account can't.  HA! :) On Saturday morning, we went to a new membership class at the church we are joining.  I think a membership class is a great idea for those wanting to join a church body...it was well taught by the Pastor, very informative, and we look forward to finishing up our session this Sunday afternoon.  On Saturday night, we had some friends over and spent the evening just eating and talking!  It was nice to just have some adult conversation for awhile! :)  All in all, it was a great birthday WEEKEND...my last one in my 20's....yikes! :)

Scarlet got her tubes in her ears TODAY....early this morning...so it feels a lot later than 4 pm for me! :)  The girls are sitting here playing and Scarlet is very happy!!!  She has been miserable off and on for awhile now with ear pain, and now we know why.  The ENT said after her surgery that usually when he makes a slit, watery type fluid will drain out.  If it's worse than that, there will instead be a substance like Elmer's glue that he will have to suction out.  He said hers was much MORE thicker than Elmer's glue and he had to use a larger suction to get it all out!!!  Sorry for all the details...but that just shows how much was built up behind her ears and why she had been having fussiness, pulling at her ears, fevers at night sometimes, colds she couldn't get rid of, etc!!!  He said she will hear SO much better now, because it had been quite muffled for her with her ears like that!  She was quite upset for a couple of hours after the surgery while the anesthesia wore off, but then she slept for THREE hours and woke up very happy!  Her nose hasn't been running near as bad, either.  I am just amazed at the difference I think we will continue to see, and am thankful we had it done NOW instead of later!  I give praise to the Lord for keeping her safe during surgery (anytime they put one to sleep, it can be a little nerve wrecking), allowing us to have the surgery done today rather than waiting any longer, and for the good recovery she already seems to be having!!!

Scarlet is also walking, walking, walking!  She has been "wobbly walking" for a few weeks, but can actually get around the house now on her own.  If she does get tripped up, she catches herself and starts going again!  It's amazing how she seemed to pick it up so quickly.  We were discussing how ear infections can cause dizziness, therefore causing your equilibrium to be off, so that may have also had something to do with her not walking as well until lately.  Savannah started walking well 2 weeks after her first Birthday, and Scarlet was almost 13 months, so they were real close.  Scarlet didn't even have her first cold/ear infection until almost 7 months, but has had several since then.  Savannah had a couple of infections by the time Scarlet had her first, but Scarlet got her tubes at 13 months, and Savannah got hers at 15 months.  So they were pretty close in that as well.  I am so blessed to be the mom to two, wonderful girls here on this earth and sharing in their lives and taking care of them!  I told Savannah just yesterday that Jesus gave her to me for a little while to teach her about Him and take care of her, but that she was ultimately His.  Thankful for that loan...hoping I can honor Him and do this "parenting thing" the way He would have me to do it, bringing Him honor & glory through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment