Background

Monday, January 30, 2012

My girls: Gymnastics, Choir, & Tubes!

Savannah had her first night at gymnastics tonight, and she loved it!  She and her two little friends didn't know that another friend from school was also in that gymnastic class, so I think all 4 of them will enjoy it together!  Savannah is a little monkey and is so much more flexible than her momma, with tons more energy to boot! :)  I will have to take some pictures of her in action to share with our family & friends. :)

She also had her first kids choir practice at church yesterday afternoon.  They are practicing for a musical program that they will perform on Sunday, May 6th.  She is quite excited about it as well!  She even got the prize yesterday for being the QUIETEST child in there.  When she told us that, I was wondering if they meant the right child?! :)  She is a sweet girl, but not sure that QUIET describes her most of the time!  :) HA,HA!  I am so glad that she is getting involved in this, gymnastics & AWANA.  I love seeing her grow, learn, and watch her personality unfold more and more.  Just when you think you have your child's personality, likes, & dislikes figured out, you see them grow even more, especially when they become school age and begin to get involved in more things.  Unfortunately, it is also a sign that they are growing up. :(  One day when she is walking down the aisle towards her husband to be, I will remember these times when she was the little girl that I used to watch run and play, learn new things, and tuck into bed!  *Tears*..... :)

Scarlet's days have not been quite as pleasant.  I say that because of her ear infections and cold she can't seem to get rid of, but she has actually been pretty cheerful considering how I know I feel when I have a cold!  She played and played and talked and laughed with everyone this afternoon at the doctor's office, without ever fussing a bit, and then went to gymnastics with us and did the same there!  The moms I was with even commented on how happy she was despite the fact that her ears are infected.  I was actually shocked myself, but very, very thankful!  I knew today was going to be a jam packed day, and can get stressed when I have a lot on my plate with lots of places to be, but it actually turned out much better than I expected!  I can only say that it was the Lord helping me and her both, giving us the strength that we daily ask for!!!  Neither one of us took a 5 hour energy or a magic-happy-pill of any sort, so what else could it have been?! :)

We did get her surgery to insert tubes in her ears scheduled for Thursday, February 9th.  Our arrival time will probably be 6am!  YAY! *sarcasm*  I love her ENT we saw, and cannot wait for her to get them done.  I actually wish there was an opening with him sooner, but I do dread the inconsolable crying that Savannah had afterwards, and them taking her away from you to put her to sleep. :(  Trying to not think about it too much, though, and just focus on how it will be after it's done and over with!  "I can't wait" is actually an understatement. 

She only had ONE ear infection when we went in last week to her pediatrician, and the ENT said today that BOTH ears were full of white stuff and had lots of fluid.  We are on day SIX of one of the stronger antibiotics, too.  So, as parents, Josh and I are frustrated in that we feel helpless because she is not getting any better, and we can't seem to help much, either.  We are doing everything we physically can, so now we just hurry up and wait for the surgery (AND PRAY FOR STRENGTH ONCE AGAIN).  We are going to check AGAIN tomorrow about changing the antibiotics, to see if we can get this ear infection cleared up before surgery.  Simply because this is the SECOND time that she has started out with ONE ear infected, and then ends up with BOTH.  The doctor said at this rate she is going to become immune to the antibiotics and have damage to her hearing!  :(  So this is why I say "COME ON, FEBRUARY 9th!!"

***The kink in all this is that she always runs high fevers off and on with ear infections, and the ENT said we can't do the surgery if she has a fever.  SO, if her ears have gotten worse instead of better, and we are almost finished with this round of antibiotics, and we KNOW that she runs fevers with ear infections, what do we (would YOU) do?!  This is the frustration that Josh and I have felt today.  What if we get to the hospital at 6am and she's running a fever??  No surgery.  So, we need God's wisdom here.  No, I'm serious.  We have been frustrated as parents with some different things that were said and done today pertaining to her treatment, and we want to be the best advocate for our child that we can be, but we also want to remember that we represent Christ in all we say and do.  That can be very difficult when it comes to your babies, especially your sick babies, and someone doesn't have the compassion or concern you would think they would/should have.  So we need Him to guide our words and actions tomorrow.  We need His healing power on our baby girl.  Yes, even for an ear infection.  If He cares about the sparrow, doesn't He care for us even more?!  That's what the Bible tells me anyway. 

So, if you read this tonight, please pray for us if you will, that we will do and say what we should, but also that what is needed to help her get well enough to have the surgery is done quickly!  She has so much stuff that won't drain out that she has thrown up in her bed 3 different nights now for coughing and choking.  I know that may be TMI, but that's how she feels....it's pitiful and I feel helpless at those times. 

Thanks, friends, for listening to a momma concerned for her youngest, and proud of her oldest. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment