Background

Friday, January 20, 2012

Ten pounds; New Bible; Gymnastics; Weekend!

Miscellaneous title, I know! :)  Bear with me...

TEN POUNDS:  I was pretty excited to weigh today, only to discover that I have lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks since I quit nursing Scarlet!  I hope to be at my goal weight by May!  "I think I can, I think I can!"  It's been well over 2 years since I was close to my goal weight...between pregnancy (4 over the past 6 years!) and nursing, I have felt like a BABY BLOB!  Thankfully Josh loves me for me, but I've told him that I want this for ME, and thankfully he understands and is supportive.  I want to feel good in my clothes and have self confidence again.  Surely all you fellow mommas can understand...except for the ones who just had a little bump when pregnant, and immediately wore your pre pregnancy jeans 2 weeks after giving birth.  To you, I just roll my eyes.  I'M KIDDING.  Some people have great genes, I do not.  Savannah will be tall and skinny like my sister, and it looks like Scarlet may be short and stubby like me. :)  That's ok, though.  Anyway, I am thankful for the first ten pounds gone, although I'm not really sure where I lost it...LOL :)

NEW BIBLE:  I picked out and bought my early Birthday present tonight at LifeWay.  My birthday is less than 2 weeks away, but Josh said if I want it now, to go ahead and get it.  So, I got a Holman Christian Standard Study Bible that I have been wanting for awhile now!!  I was debating between the John MacArthur Study Bible and this one, but I decided on the HCSB in the end.  I just LOVE it!  I recommend it for sure if you're looking for a new Bible yourself.  I've had a women's Study Bible for years, and was just needing something new.  I will let you know how I like it in the days to come!  :)

GYMNASTICS:  Met with a friend of ours tonight and her little girl at CHILL Yogurt and looked over Gymnastics info for the girls.  We have been looking for something that Savannah can get involved in, and this seemed perfect.  She is very energetic (not sure how poised she will be) and will have plenty of energy for flipping, etc!  It is perfect for ME, too, because I don't have to sit out in the blazing South Alabama heat this spring & summer watching her for an hour...you can't beat that, in my eyes anyway!  :)  We'll be taking this class with 2 of her little friends from school/church each Monday evening for an hour.  She is excited, to say the least!  We'll see how she does!  Maybe she will be a little gymnast and get a scholarship somewhere one day. :)  Hey, I can dream, can't I?! ha!

WEEKEND:  TGIATW!!! (Thank goodness it's almost the weekend!!!  And mostly because JOSH IS OFF!!! WOO HOO!!!)  To say this has been a long week is an understatement.  It's been a long two weeks, actually, as Josh has had to work SIX 12 hour days lately.  This is their busy season (ya think?!).  17 hours was the total one day, and that is just TOO MUCH.  He's exhausted, we have little time with him, and I have been battling a bad attitude about it all, just to be honest.  I am SOOO grateful that he has a job, PLEASE don't get me wrong...but my fatigue and loneliness at times can just get the best of me some days!  I end up feeling bad because I have two small girls that don't understand why mommy has no energy by the evening each day....but my day starts before the sun is up and doesn't stop until well after it goes down.  I KNOW, THAT I KNOW, THAT I KNOW this is for a season in our lives...but when you "can't see His plan, and have to trust His Hand," that can be easier said than done!  I have found myself having to stop constantly and ask God to forgive me and help me with my wrong attitude, discontentment, etc when I feel overwhelmed, alone and just TIRED, both physically and mentally.  Philippians 4:19 has come to me in different ways over the past two weeks...it says God will meet ALL (not some) of our needs, according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  The creator of the universe, who is owner of everything, is more than capable and fully able to meet my needs!  That encourages me on those days when I feel like a single mom, doing everything alone, from start to finish.  I am NOT asking for pity, I PROMISE.  Josh is not choosing to work this much, and we are both praying about and seeking what the Lord has for our family long term in this situation.  He provided this job, so I know He can provide what we need to change things for the better, for our family, for long term.  Will you join us in praying about this, please?  It's been my biggest struggle lately, and I don't want it to get the best of me.  I want to be the wife and mother God desires me to be, and I don't want my selfishness or lack of trust in Him to get in the way of what He can do.

Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment