I thought of Proverbs 31:25 this morning, and this verse is exactly how I feel right now...
"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear at the days to come."
{Let me explain fully, before it is assumed I am taking credit myself. My only desire is to promote Christ and bring glory to Him, so make sure you read completely.} :)
I will be the first to admit that I can be anxious and worrisome at times when circumstances cause me to yield in that direction. However, I think about everything going on in our life right now, and I can honestly laugh (have joy) at all that is to come because The Lord is indeed my strength!!! That is huge for me to be able to say and mean it!!
I do not fear the unknown. I am not stressing about things I can't control. I have a peace in my heart. I can honestly laugh at things to come without feeling overwhelmed at this point in my life! To be honest...This is not typical of me. In times past, I can remember being like a cat on a hot, tin roof and needing a Valium! :)
Seriously though, The Lord has given me unexplained peace with where we are, when in times past, that was not the case at all. I boast nothing of us, but simply that The Lord has extended such grace and mercy, allowing us time to repent, and given us a desire to follow Him.
Don't get me wrong...we DO still lose sight of His provision and guidance sometimes, and try to control things ourselves, but He lovingly reminds me that He is control. He never gives up on us, never leaving us alone to figure it out ourselves. He gently calms my heart through prayer, scripture, and encouragement/truth from a friend.
I am just so incredibly thankful for all He is doing in our midst!!! He does NOT need US to work His plan. He does NOT need to use US, because we are unworthy, imperfect sinners that are just being given a second chance...actually a third, fourth, fifth...and so on.
I can laugh {i.e. have joy; not be worrisome} at the future instead of fearing it because He is on my side. He clothes with me HIS strength, not my own. Mine is minuscule compared to His. But greater is He who is in me...and in my weakness, His strength is magnified!!!
Why do I share this? A wise friend shared with me that when we are on the mountain tops, to record our victories, things He has done, answered prayers...so that one day when we are in the valleys, tempted to despair and ask, "Where's God?!," we can look back at the things He was doing on the mountain tops and see His hand always at work, that He is ALWAYS good, even in our darkest times.
I can laugh at the days to come...despite the busyness of being a mom and wife (it is a blessing, but still busy!), Homeschooling, working 2 half days a week, my husband being in school full time (in addition to working full time), getting precious, new foster children, and our house is now on the market, meaning we could have to pack and move somewhere else if it sells (but only be there for a year until he finishes school). Side note- this is because when josh surrendered to full time ministry, we knew we weren't sure we would stay here, so we didn't want to buy a house and have a hard time selling again. So we have been renting, but the house is now on the market. Just explaining another variable. :)
That brings up another thing in our future: we are praying about where The Lord will have us to serve when he is done with school. I have no idea if that will be locally, in the state, or somewhere further. That in itself is a great unknown and if I'm being honest, my heart can tend to feel anxious when I can't control what I don't know/can't see. I might usually be tempted to fear instead of rejoice in the midst of the uncertainty. But I know God is my portion. He is my strength. He upholds me when I am weak. He is the lifter of my head. He is the prince of peace. He is ever faithful!!!
Why do I share this?! I hope He is all this to you as well. If you're going through something tough, stressful, heart wrenching, or just worrisome, He CAN give you HIS strength when you feel you have NONE. Without Him, I would just be going throughout this life hopeless, wandering aimlessly. I don't want any of my friends to be feeling this hopelessness. Call on Him, repent of trying to do it yourself, and accept the love and comfort He so freely offers! I have to do this often!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment