Background

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

God is on His Throne

Savannah got very interested in this presidential race towards the end. She went with me to vote yesterday, and in our homeschooling, I had explained to her how presidential election works. Of course she wanted to be on the same side as her parents, and really wanted Mitt Romney to win. She laid on the couch with me last night as the electoral votes began to come in. She wanted to stay up and see who would become the next president, but I told her it would be very late and that she could find out in the morning. She agreed, and we read our devotion and prayed. I told her no matter who won the race, we know God and He is bigger than any president.



When she woke up this morning, she came in the den and said she wanted to see who won the race! I told her to come sit down, because I already knew. She lit up with excitement. I told her that I had good and bad news. I told her that the bad news was that our choice didn't win, but that's okay. The excitement quickly left her face. I told her the good news is that God is still on His throne, and very much still in control. I Shared with her that as I watched the huge group of people last night celebrating the win, that I thought we should pray for the ones who don't know God, and not stop there, but share Jesus with them. He is our hope, and we want Him to be their hope, too. She was much more happy with that answer, and I am glad that although she learned things about a presidential election this year, she saw that we don't put our faith in any man, but in God alone. I pray that she continues to desire God and His Word above earthly things or people in years to come!! :)


"Let not your heart be troubled, believe in God, and believe also in me." John 14:1

No comments:

Post a Comment